Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chowder House












Last night some friends introduced me to The Chowder House in Cuyahoga Falls. I was totally impressed!

It is quite small and reservations are expected on weekends. We walked in, on a Wednesday night, and had no trouble getting a table, but as we were there in continued to fill up. They also have a patio which was being utilized by many.

The decor is as amazing as the menu. The place is just adorable. The menu is diverse, but the quality is outstanding! The large cup of lobster bisque I started with made me wish I had gotten a bowl as did my friend. It was an otherworldly experience! Insanely creamy and with gigantic globs of lobster!

I had the crab cake appetizer & a salad as a meal. I should have picked just one of them because the portions/size were worthy of their own time. The crab cakes came with a summer corn cream drizzled with jalapeno vinaigrette. The freshest crab cakes ever. Nothing frozen here. The salad was a wedge salad topped with roasted tomatoes and the house white French dressing. They make the dressing there and it was delicious.

They have a beautiful pastry case/selection and I chose, to take home, a raspberry lemon cheesecake. I ate it at home, after having been to a movie, and it was such a refreshing combo of flavors. Very creamy and full of flavor.

They do not currently have alcohol, but you can bring in your own. They used to charge a "corking fee", but the state laws have changed and we were told that they can no longer charge and you take all responsibility for what you might bring in. On weekends they say every table has wine or beer with them. They are in the process of getting a wine/beer license, but say that they have such little space that selections will be quite limited.

We had water, but I would consider taking some wine in the future. A gem hidden away on a side street, but one that should be sought out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Kathy! It sounds great, definitely something I will try!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Whitney may have just gone.

    ReplyDelete