Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spa Night/Ladies Night


















Once again the Corkscrew Girls have another successful meeting! This month it was at the Melting Pot for Ladies Spa Night. An event that they have the last Monday of every month. For $35 you get quite a bit of food and a choice of spa treatments. Two of the most popular are the hand massage/paraffin dip and the head/neck/shoulder chair massage. The later is the one I always go for! Last night she nearly hurt me, but it felt soooooo good.

The ladies Night menu starts you off with a cocktail selection and I chose a Blackberry & Champagne. The others had a mixture of wine and Bloodmarys. Then we met John our awesome waiter! Great personality as well as service. Anyone that can handle the four of us deserves a round of applause!!

We started with one of the best cheese fondues I have ever had. It consisted of baby Brie and Fontinella as well as bacon, scallions and white Truffles. OMG was it rich and flavorful. We ate it up in minutes and actually asked John for more cheese. He surprised us with a "John Special" blend. All we could tell was that there were jalapenos, bacon and tomatoes. Outstanding John!

We later realized that maybe the second cheese was not necessary because by the time we were finished we were miserable. Whit and I had a second cocktail and then the desert came. We had two of, what I consider, the best chocolates on the menu. One had peanut butter and pecans while the other was a dark chocolate with salt and.......I can not remember what. Maybe one of the other girls will write a review and tell me what it was! We had so many yummy tidbits to dip, but my faves were the cheesecake, mini brownie bites and bananas. I don't usually like marshmallows, but they had some rolled in Oreos and I liked them plenty!

All in all another great gathering and we are talking about our next meeting being held at a Mexican place where they have Margaritas the size of your head. Just ask Whitney.

2 comments:

  1. Hello ladies.y'all look beautiful ....just what is a hand massage? They massage your hands(?), or massage you with their hands!?! Just where do you find these fun places anyway? Sounds like a freakin' blast to me....except for John' s special blend...I think I would pass on that:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bit much....later I realized that I could have done without the second cheese!

    ReplyDelete