Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Taco Night!!!





So the other night I decided I needed to pull out the tequila, limes, and margarita mix and get into mexican mode. It was time for taco night! Along with the craving for some fresh salsa, I also love anything and everything mexican with guacamole! So of course I had to make some homemade guac.



First time making guac and it was so so soooo easy! I peeled and mashed 3 ripe avocados added in some chopped onions and tomatoes. Then I mixed in some lime juice and my favorite thing in the whole world when it comes to seasonings (garlic, duh!). The combination of all these flavors was heaven in my mouth. I was in a little mexicoma for the remainder of the evening.



The salsa was easy to make as well.. 5 ripped tomatoes chopped. One white onion. Cilantro. Garlic. Lime Juice. And salt. I usually let it marinade for a day so all the flavors combine and the salt breaks down the tomatoes a bit more. But still amazing and fresh!
-Whitney

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! It made my mouth water! Not only do I love guac, but you made me want tacos. Right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to make guacamole!!! I have never tried it either, I have always been afraid to make it. I have heard it turns brown quickly also. Did yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it does turn brown in time.. the more air that gets to it the faster so keep it in the fridge in a small tight container! usually it lasts two or so days

    ReplyDelete