Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Melt





Last week I took my mom to, what I consider, the BEST sandwich shop EVER!!!! There is not any place I have ever been that comes close to the quality, and excellent menu choices held by Melt in two Cleveland locations.


I never have any easy time trying what to order and my mom was having an even harder time since she only gets to unusual restaurants, with cool menus, when she goes with me. This time I opted for the gigantic Monte Cristo. Not only huge and filled with meat and cheese BUT also deep fried in a beer batter with a three berry dipping sauce on the side.

Did I also mention that their french fires are to die for? A very good reason why you almost always have to ask for a box for the rest of your sandwich!! You know you do!! They also serve the best cole slaw I ever have. I asked this week what they put in it and I was totally surprised that the recipe is so simple, yet delicious. It is sweet and a touch hot. I always ask for a side of jalapeno tartar sauce to dip my fries. Mmmmmm.

I go to the Lakewood location and they have opened a second. It is so worth the drive if you ever have the opportunity and are in the area.


3 comments:

  1. Great first review Kathy! I LOVE Melt. My absolute favorite is the Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana, with chunky PB, cream cheese, and a side of raspberry sauce. I'm now going to start taking pictures of my food at restaurants! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I got these pics off of their web site. I am not yet geeky enough to take my camera out to eat. :-D Mmmmmmmm, raspberry sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...great website, thanks, Dharma, for letting me know about it:)yummy looking sandwiches.I sometimes enjoy a grilled pb&j with bacon.It's great with soup....not nearly as your Monte cristo

    ReplyDelete