Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Slow Carb Diet... and it's delicious benefits

Soooo first post for me.. I figured I would entertain you guys with my new diet. Its from a new book I started reading called "The Four Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman" by Timothy Ferriss. Recommended to me by a friend, I read just a short 20 page sample and really understood how this diet may actually work for me. There's no calorie counting or any of the crazy stuff that can make you go
nuts and hate dieting, its pretty simple actually. Load up on meats, veggies, and all types of beans while cutting carbs and sugars. I know it sounds crazy, I'm a carb freak. I am Italian and let me tell you I could live on pasta and bread alone. But the great thing about this is that you can get as much of the allowed foods as you want. I am still able to go out to eat and there's even a wine allowance 2 glasses of red per day! Doing so most people lose 4-9 lbs within the first week.

The reason the book is titled the 4 hour body is because the author of this book actually followed the diet doing only minimal exercise ( working out a total of 4 hours in a month) and lost 30 lbs of fat while adding muscle. These different types of workouts are listed in the book.

But by far the bonus to the diet is you get one day off a week! 24 hours to eat whatever your little heart desires every 7 days! It makes it so much easier to make it through the week knowing that when that day comes you can splurge and give into all the cravings! Most people gain a few lbs that day but within 36 hours you should be back at your previous binge day weight and will then continue to lose weight all through the week! Its pretty amazing! And very effective. I've already lost 5 lbs in 9 days and feel so much better. I'm getting the nutrients I need, eating well and also taking a daily multivitamin pack.

I didn't really plan on explain everything in detail, but I wanted to share some of the yummy new meals I've created while on this diet.. enjoy..

hot italian sausage stuffed portabella mushrooms with a sprinkle of cheese.. also with this i made teriyaki glazed bacon wrapped shrimp.. sooooo delish!
rotisserie chicken with grape tomatoes, jalapenos, black beans, chipotle salsa, garlic, onion, curry powder and some shredded cheese
hot italian sausage with olive oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, green beans and baby bellas

happy eatings people!

-Whitney

1 comment:

  1. OMG Whitney that chicken sounds good!!! Tell me what you put in it. Did you just buy the chicken and add stuff?

    ReplyDelete