Friday, February 4, 2011

Wings





With the Super Bowl coming everyone is talking about wings. Every cooking segment is showing how to "make the best wings" for your Super Bowl party! So, I thought that I would join in the discussion and talk about what I consider the best & worst in chicken wings.

First let me say that I am, to the shock and dismay of many of you, not a fan of the overly sauced and sloppy wing. It's not just the mess, but I have not found any sauce that I find I would die for.

When I do have a sauce I usually go for something slightly hot and sweet or a touch garlicky. There is not a restaurant or store sauce that I can actually say is a fave. I really, really like mine naked and crispy. It's really the crispiness that I love and sauce usually makes them slimy with weird skin.

When the hubby & I go out he likes them really, really hot. I don't enjoy pain when I eat. So, as wing places go I personally prefer Guido's, in Kent, for my take out wings and I have even bought them at ACME and thought they were decent.

Now let's hear from the rest of you. Wings are like...... everyone has an opinion and fave. Ain't no thang but a chicken wang!!

4 comments:

  1. I agree about too much sauce -- makes the skin slimy! I prefer cripsy and then adding hot sauce directly on, and then dipping into a homemade blue cheese. Yummm.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, celery & ranch/ blue cheese, on the side are a must!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a chicken joint here in my home town that serves large crispy wings.However,I really like BW-3's mango-habanero wings

    ReplyDelete
  4. loveeeee medium! honey bbq also is amazing! of course anything with garlic.. but my favorite is the meduim-ranch mixed

    ReplyDelete