Monday, February 21, 2011

Simple, Savory Salad




This salad is my newest favorite. I got the recipe from the Whole Foods web site and added a touch of my own.


You can either cook your own chicken, or use a rotisserie chicken, as I did. Roll the meat pieces in hot sauce and some ranch dressing. On a plate put some romaine, celery and crumbled blue cheese. Then I added salted sunflower seeds. They added such a nice nutty flavor, offset some of the heat and gave some extra awesome texture.

Then put the chicken mixture on top and toss. It is a fantastic salad and I have already had it twice this week!! The rotisserie chicken is a good choice because it is already cooked and it gives you plenty of chicken in case you, like me, decide at the last minute you are in the mood for one.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy that sounds so yummy! I'll have to try that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how hot you like your hot sauce, but if you like it a tad too hot then you have to try Paula Dean's hot hotwing sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Hour, I don't use hot sauce often so I just bought some wing sauce that was cheapest. I hear that Paula Dean has a good product though.

    ReplyDelete